TERMS & CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
At Exide Industries Limited we are committed to total customer satisfaction and we take great pride in the batteries that we manufacture. We warrant that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship affecting its normal use, and is in conformity with the relevant specifications the warranty period, subject to the following:
- 1. Warranty Period: Comprises of FREE REPLACEMENT and PRO-RATA. The label on every Exide battery specifies the total number of months covered by the free replacement period and the Pro-Rata period for batteries fitted in private cars, multi-utility vehicles, two-wheelers, inverters, gensets and solar applications.
- i. In all cases the warranty is applicable from the date of sale to the original purchaser.
- ii. For a battery being replaced on Free of Cost basis the warranty commences from the date of sale of the original battery as stated in the original Warranty Card/Sticker and not from the date of replacement given.
- iii. For batteries purchased on pro-rata warranty settlement discount, a fresh warranty is applicable from the date of purchase.
- 2. In the event of any complaint, the battery must be returned untampered & complete to the Company’s Authorised Dealer, Wholesaler or Depot in India along with the Warranty Claim Form. Delivery of the replaced/rectified/discounted battery will be F.O.R. to the same point.
- 3. The Warranty Claim Form comprises of a four-fold page that needs to be filled up completely as indicated below:
- i. Record of Purchase (pages 1/3, 2/3 & 3/3) at the time of purchase.
- ii. Redemption Record at the time of complaint.
- 4. A photocopy of the Warranty Claim Form (four fold page) should accompany all claims arising within the warranty period. Tampering or overwriting on Barcode Sticker will invalidate the warranty claim.
- 5. The Service Record in the Warranty Booklet must be filled in regularly by an authorised dealer of the Company as proof of specified maintenance. Without the record, your claim if any, is liable to be held invalid.
- 6. Our batteries are warranted against all defects arising solely from the use of faulty material or poor workmanship. Consequential liabilities will not be entertained.
- 7. The right to determine whether a battery needs repair, rectification, free replacement or pro-rata settlement rests with the Company.
- 8. The defective battery arising out of the free replacement or pro-rata settlement under this warranty will become the property of the Company and no scrap rebate will be given for it.
- 9. All liabilities under this Warranty shall cease if:
- i. The battery has been operated in an application that it was not designed for and/or marketed to support/Company’s Application Chart.
- ii. Battery has been refilled with additives, dopes or any other substance besides distilled water that may have contaminated the battery
- iii. Damaged due to fitment of additional accessories in vehicle other than the original fitment
- iv. Out of Warranty Period.
- 10. This warranty can be denied on merely discharged batteries and for batteries damaged due to abuse or neglect but not limited to the following:
- i. Damages to the battery caused by accidents, fire, faulty electrical systems, improper handling, service of battery by unauthorised dealers/auto electricians, wilful abuse, destruction by fire, collision, theft or recharging.
- ii. Breakage of container and cover or breakage/deformation of terminal due to mechanical shock like hammering.
- iii. Damage to the battery due to contamination of electrolyte. The electrolyte used must be pure dilute sulphuric acid conforming to IS specification number 266-1961. For topping up purposes pure distilled water conforming to IS specification number 1069-1964 must be used.
- iv. Failure of battery due to deep discharge, overcharge or improper topping up.
- v. Solar batteries are not connected through a charge controller to the Solar Panel.
- vi. Failure of a battery due to inadequate recharging and not as per the recharging parameters mentioned in the product leaflet (solar/inverter batteries).
- vii. Batteries are operated in discharged condition for long periods.
- viii. Inverter/solar inverter/charge controller ‘lower cut-off’ voltage is not working or has been tampered with leading to deep discharged state.
- 11. In the event of any particular battery model being phased out, the Company reserves the right to provide another model of the same capacity suited to the vehicle, as settlement of Warranty.
- 12. In case a service battery is issued, it must be returned within 15 days, failing which a nominal charge per day will be levied.
- 13. The charging system & electrical circuit of the vehicle/genset/inverter/charge controller shall be checked by the Company’s authorised personnel or dealer before finalising settlement of any Warranty Claim. Recharging of battery shall be billed as extra.
- 14. Adjudication and settlement of claim will take a couple of days as the battery has to be tested for the reported failure.
- 15. Any octroi duty or local tax which becomes leviable on the battery under repair or replacement shall be borne by the customer.
- 16. Customers are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these conditions at the time of purchase.
- 17. All disputes or differences arising out of use of battery shall have exclusive jurisdiction at the courts of Kolkata.
For terms and conditions you can also check the warranty table given with the warranty card.
Please refer to the application chart available at the respective purchase counters for recommended fitment.
YOUR BATTERY REQUIRES CAREFUL HANDLING
THIS IS TO MAKE YOU AWARE THAT YOUR BATTERY REQUIRES CAREFUL HANDLING BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Lead acid batteries contain Lead & Sulphuric Acid which are highly toxic and extremely hazardous for health and environment.
- Lead poisoning affects the Central Nervous System causing irreversible retardation and subsequent death.
- Unauthorized smelters tend to pollute the air and ground water with these toxic substances during smelting.
TO SAFEGUARD SOCIETY, THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA HAS NOTIFIED AS UNDER:
“It shall be the responsibility of the Consumer to ensure that used batteries are not disposed-off in any manner other than depositing with the dealer, manufacturer, re-conditioner or at the designated collection centres.”
- Hence, please do not discard the battery in a trash bin or give/sell to an unauthorized person.
- It is mandatory for our authorized dealers to accept a used battery and provide corresponding rebate on purchase of new battery.
- Please note that violation of these guidelines may lead to legal action/prosecution by Government Authorities.
WARRANTY BREAKUP FOR AUTOMOTIVE BATTERBATTERIES
HINTS ON CARE OF YOUR BATTERY:
- The battery should be firmly secured in the cradle. Please ensure that the cable clamps fit tightly and properly on the terminals. A loosely held battery vibrates and bounces, causing damage to the container and the plates.
- The top of the battery must be kept clean & dry. Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) should be applied to cable clamps & terminals. Never apply grease. Terminal corrosion, dirt & moisture cause loss of power & make the battery weak.
- Get fan belt, electrical wiring, dynamo/alternator, regulator and battery open circuit voltage checked regularly. A faulty electrical system will damage the battery.
- Vent plugs of Maintenance Free Batteries should be opened with a vent plug opener only. Do not use a screwdriver.
- The electrolyte level should be up to the bottom of the filling-hole.
- Use only distilled water for topping. Do not top up with acid/ electrolyte/mineral water or tap water.
- To get maximum life, it is advised that battery and auto electrical checks be carried out once every three months.
- Keep away from Sparks, Cigarettes and Open Flames. These can cause explosions.
- Avoid metallic contact across terminals, as this can result in short circuits & sparking.
- It is strongly recommended not to use any additives or dopes.
- Keep out of reach of children.